Wednesday, August 22, 2012

{Tasty Tuesday: Bangin' Good Shrimp}

I love, love, love when I find a recipe that tastes so darn good AND it's "skinny". Oh, that just rocks my socks! I found Ms. Gina over at Skinny Taste a while back and fell in love...like big puffy heart LOVE. She takes regular recipes and turns them into wonderful weight friendly creations AND adds the Weight Watchers Points Plus values. That makes her super fab in my book!!  And, if you ask really nice, sometimes she'll take requests to "skinny-ize" (I think I just made a new word) your fav recipe.  Yep, you're welcome for the introduction :)

Anyway...on to the good stuff. I have recently started trying to eat better/cleaner and what better recipe for dinner other than this!


Gina's photo, not mine.  I can only wish my IPhone produced quality like this 
Banging Good Shrimp 


Ingredients:  

For the Shrimp:

  • 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined (weight after peeled)
  • 2 tsp cornstarch
  • 1 tsp canola oil
  • 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
  • 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
  • 4 tbsp scallions, chopped

Directions:

In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, Thai sweet chili sauce and Sriracha. Set aside.
Combine lettuce and cabbage and divide between four plates. Set aside. 

Coat shrimp with cornstarch, mixing well with your hands. Heat a large skillet or wok on high heat, when hot add oil. When oil is hot add the shrimp to hot pan and cook tossing a few times until cooked through, about 3 minutes.  Remove from pan and combine with the sauce coating well.  
Place shrimp on lettuce and top with scallions.

Side note: I did not plate my shrimp on a bed of lettuce, nor did I add the scallions.  I grilled green, yellow, and red bell peppers and served with a side of brown rice.  SUPER YUMMY!!


Here is my plate...not near as picture perfect as Gina's, but it totally rocked my taste buds!!

Got any good "skinny" recipes you want to share?  I wanna try them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment