Tuesday, September 25, 2012

{Do you Meal Plan?}

Image Source 
Meal Planning.  Holy geez...this is a popular little topic.  I see it EVERYWHERE.  It seems as though almost every blog I follow talks about meal planning in some way.  I am an on again, off again meal planner.  I started planning again a couple weeks ago when I was sooo effin' tired of eating out.  I mean really!!  Not only does eating out cost at least double what a home made meals costs (sometimes more), I have NO CLUE what is going into the preparation of the meal.  Nor do I know whose nasty little unwashed, gross, disgusting hands are preparing said meal.  YUCK!!  The saving money aspect of meal planning seals the deal for me (I'm a complete saver and cheap-o)...but the uncleanliness puts it WAYYYY OVER THE EDGE!!!  

Since starting back I've noticed a difference in the amount of our grocery bill (in a good way) just by planning and using what we have on hand for dinner.  No, it may not be everyone's favorite meat/item of choice, but we're saving money and know exactly what is going into our bodies.  

Now, I'm all for fast meals.  Those are the best for a workin' Mama who doesn't get off work until 5:00 and isn't normally home until 5:30-5:45.  Then, there are a million and one chores to be finished before bed.  So, you see, there isn't a lot of time in there to spend making some elaborate meal.  I've been using Pinterest recently as my go-to for new recipes.  Almost everything I have tried is decently quick and easy peasy.  That being said, I don't want to use a lot of processed ingredients either.  So, I must find an equal balance.  I try to prepare anything I can the night before IF I have time.  Which I why I LOVE casseroles.  9 times out of 10 they are simplistic & yummy. Which brings me to my question, and reasoning, for this whole post...  

What easy, peasy, 'yummy in my tummy' recipes do you use during the week?  I appreciate any help, advice, & recipes offered.

Thanks y'all!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment