Thursday, January 31, 2013

{Easy Peasy Chicken}

Do you ever have one of those days where you are just positive you CANNOT put forth any more effort?  You know, the days where you would rather come home, sit on the couch and be a complete slob not move until it is time for bed.  That day for me was Tuesday.  I was exhausted.  I had nothing left to give.  However, my work day doesn't stop at 5PM.  I start my second shift job...being a Mama of course!  Actually, it's more of an around the clock, never get a day off, but wouldn't trade a single second for anything job.  

Since I had other chores that had to be done, I decided I would throw this little recipe together and in the oven it went.  Simple.  Quick.  And I don't have to tend to it over a hot stove.  Winner, winner chicken dinner...literally!!  Recipe via Pinterest

Source
Ingredients:
4-6 raw chicken breasts {I cut my chicken into bite size pieces}
4-5 new potatoes {washed & cut}
Green beans (fresh or canned)  {I used broccoli because I am not a huge green bean fan}
1 cup low sodium/low fax chicken broth
1 packet Italian dressing
Salt & Pepper

Directions:
Arrange in a 9 x 13 casserole dish as shown above.  Sprinkle with packet of Italian dressing mix and pour chicken broth around meat and veggies.  Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment