Tuesday, February 12, 2013

{Tasty Tuesday :: Crockpot Potato Soup}

Surprise, surprise...another {Pinterest} recipe.  Recipe adapted from {here}.


Ingredients:
1 30 oz. bag of frozen, shredded hash browns
3 14oz. cans of fat free chicken broth {I used Fit & Active from Aldi}
1 can cream of chicken soup {I used the lite version}
1/2 cup onion {I used Tastefully Simple Onion Onion...and I didn't really measure}
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1 pkg 1/3 less fat cream cheese {Don't use fat free...it WILL NOT melt!}

Directions:
In a crockpot, combine everything EXCEPT the cream cheese.  Cook for 6-8 hours on low heat.  About 1 hour before serving, add cream cheese, while still heating, until thoroughly metlted.  Serve with cheese, sour cream, bacon bits, green onions, etc.

This makes a large crockpot full of soup.  I tried to calculate the calories through {MyFitnessPal} and ended up with 138 calories for a cup.  I'm not sure this is exactly right, but it can't be too incredibly bad.  Watch out for the toppings...that's where the calories sneak up on ya!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment