Wednesday, February 27, 2013

{Weigh-In Wednesday...What Am I doing Wrong?}

button

Link it up!  {Erin} & {Alex} host Weigh-In Wednesday each week.  Check them out and link up with all of the awesome ladies in our weight loss journey.

Another week down...not an effin' pound gone.  Grrrr!!  However, I am thankful it's not a pound(s) gained either.  What am I not doing correct?  Why can't a lose ONE. SINGLE. POUND?  What is wrong with me?  Am I not working hard enough?  I certainly feel like I am.  I've changed my eating habits, cut out soda, upped my exercise and what do I get in return?  A big fat NOTHING!  Pissed the eff off Discouraged is an understatement at this point.

Moving on to better news...I got my FitBit in the mail last Thursday.  I was beyond excited to see this little guy in my mailbox.  I tracked him all week while he made his journey to me.
Meet Fitty
I am hoping Fitty helps motivate me to get my steps in each day.  I am currently trying to see how many days in a row I can achieve 10K or more steps.  So far, I've had 2 straight days.  Today will be #3.

My job is very sedentary so I have to fit steps in when I can.  I walk at lunch and get to the gym 2-3 times per week.  When I'm not at the gym I pop in a DVD of sorts at home.

I tried a new smoothie recipe this weekend.  I've always read how spinach in your smoothies is super great for you.  And I like spinach, but in my smoothie?  Eeck! {So I thought}.  I mustered up the courage to add some spinach to my protein shake Sunday morning and this is what happened...
The Green Monster
Pure Green Goodness.  I LOVED IT!  COULD NOT, COULD NOT, COULD NOT taste the spinach.  Seriously, I would not lie.  I got a serving of veggies and fruit all in one drink and stayed very satisfied through lunch.  I'm thinking this will be my go-to breakfast smoothie on the weekends.

Green Monster
8 oz. Almond Milk
1 scoop Simply Right 100% Whey Protein powder
1 serving Strawberry, Pineapple, Peach frozen fruit medly
Fill to the top of blender with spinach

Any advice you awesome ladies have for me is greatly appreciated!  Have a fabulous Hump Day!!
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Mmm that smoothie looks good. :) you got this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think you're getting enough calories? I know that a lot of people seem to stall and if they up their calories by 200-300/day they always seem to break through and get moving again. Just a thought! Hope next week's weigh-in is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've wondered that as well. Right now, I am going by my FitBit's calorie count to see if it changes anything. If this doesn't, I think I may change my diet and calorie intake all together. Crossing my fingers for results soon!

      Delete