Tuesday, February 5, 2013

{Tasty Tuesday :: Jalapeno Popper Chicken Chili Soup}

I LOOOOVE Pinterest.  It's like crack for me for some unexplained reason.  I plan to search for ONE LITTLE THING and the next thing I know it's 2 hours later...Ooooppps!
This is probably so stinkin' true.  Oh well, until then I'm gonna pin my little heart out =)
I've found some awesome recipes on Pinterest.  AND I've found some that absolutely BA-LOW.  The picture entices me as it looks all delicious so of course I am expecting a mouth watering dinner...and then I take a bite.  Womp, Womp!!  Good example of 'can't judge a book by it's cover'.

Anyway, I was surfing Pinterest a few weeks back and found this recipe.  I love anything Mexican-ish, so I pinned it, printed it, and gave it a whirl.  I changed up a few small details but nothing big.  My end result was AH-Mazing!!  So without further adieu....

Jalapeno Popper Chicken Chili Soup - Long name...good eats


Ingredients:
  • Olive oil, for sauteing
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 3 jalapeno peppers, diced, de-seeded (Leave the seeds if you like to sweat)
  • 1 Tbs mined garlic
  • Salt & pepper
  • Tastefully Simple Fiesta Dip seasoning (You can use any spicy seasoning here)
  • 1 & 1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts - cut into bite sized pieces
  • 1 can seasoned Black Beans
  • 1 cup corn
  • 1 can Rotel
  • 1 1/2 cups reduced fat chicken broth
  • 8 oz 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese
  • Monterrey Jack Cheese - shredded for topping

Instructions
  • In a large saucepan heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat and saute onion, both types of peppers and garlic until soft and tender.
  • Season the chicken well with salt & pepper and TS Fiesta Dip.  Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan with the chicken and lightly brown chicken on all sides.
  • Add Rotel, chicken broth, beans and corn.  Bring to a simmer and cook 30 minutes.  Taste and season as needed.
  • Add cream cheese and stir until completely melted.  Remove from heat.
  • Serve with shredded cheese sprinkled over top.

I cooked this the night before eating and let it cool completely before placing it in the fridge.  Reheated the next day.  It was great!  I believe this actually gets better the longer it sits.

Have any favorite Pinterest finds?  I wanna know!!







No comments:

Post a Comment