Friday, March 1, 2013

{My Love Story Link Up - Never Say Never}

NEVER SAY NEVER
(Warning: This post may be long and full of copious amounts of photos)

Today I am linking up with Erin to tell MY love story

I was 15 years old when I first laid eyes on him.  He was athletic, charming, and the most handsome thing my 15 year old eyes had ever seen.  However, I was currently in a relationship with a D-Bag that was very emotionally abusive.  I wanted out of that horrible relationship with said D-Bag...but stuck around 2 more looooooooonnnnnnggggg years.  And then one random day, I grew a huge effin' set and the shat finally hit the fan {thank you sweet baby Jesus}.  I WAS OUT!  Holla!!  NEVER again.  I was on a mission.  Determined to have Mr. Charming.  So I did.  We dated for several years {with a couple breaks in between}.  During one of our "breaks" I remember someone asking me...
- "So, when are you gonna get married and have kids?"
- "Ummm....NEVER."  {NEVER SAY NEVER}  Geez people...I am TWENTY-FEAKIN-ONE {almost 22} and S.I.N.G.L.E.  Can we slow the bus down just a teeny bit puhlease???  It's time to enjoy me!

Fast forward to August 2005.  Mr. Charming and I rekindled our relationship a few months prior and now this chick is LATE.  No, no, no.  This cannot be happening!  But it was.  And after 4 different pregnancy tests {including the digital kind where it actually says 'negative' or 'positive'} plus one more at my gynecologist it was confirmed...I WAS PREGNANT.  2 months pregnant at that!

Fast forward {again}seven months, and 50 pounds, to March 2, 2006...WHEN I FELL IN LOVE 

Kayleigh Marie was born at 5:53 AM to 2 proud very parents.  I NEVER believed in love at first sight until I met my daughter.  She was perfect in every way.







 








I have watched her grow into a beautiful young lady.  She is one of the most loving, caring, sweet children I have ever met.  She is my mini-me.  She is a diva.  She is full of life.  She is intelligent.  She is precious.  She is self-less.  She is my best friend.  And she is the most perfect creation I have ever had a part in.

Although her father {Mr. Charming} and I are no longer together, by my choice, we still have a cordial relationship for Kayleigh.  He is a great daddy and I am very fortunate to have someone share the love and responsibility of our daughter.


Tomorrow we will celebrate her 7th birthday.  I thank God everyday I was chosen 7 years ago to be her mother, even though I said "NEVER".  


post signature

2 comments:

  1. My Gosh! Your daughter is beautiful! Makes me sad looking at her pictures. I know my daughter is going to be there soon! They grow so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chrissy! Time certainly flies. Cherish EVERY moment, good or bad :)

    ReplyDelete