Tuesday, March 5, 2013

{Tasty Tuesday :: Crockpot Tortellini}

Tuesday is quite possibly my favorite day of the week cause I get to share yummy goodness with yall!

Sunday I decided to try out a new recipe from none other than my favorite source, {Pinterest}.  I had to work and therefore decided to pop this into the crockpot so little-to-nothing would have to be done upon my arrival home for dinner.

I realized recently while being OCD and "cleaning" up my pins I had pinned this recipe 3 times.  Must be pretty popular.  So let's jump right in...recipe adapted from {here}

Ingredients:
1 (19 oz) bag of frozen cheese tortellini
1 small bag of fresh spinach (I used about half of a 9 oz bag)
1 package fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 (14.5 oz) can of Italian style diced tomatoes, drained
1 block (8 oz) of neufchatel cream cheese {*DO NOT use Fat Free...it WILL NOT melt}
1 lb of ground beef, drained from fat
4 cups (or 1 box) of Fat Free, Sodium Free chicken broth

Directions:
Brown the beef and put all ingredients in crockpot, chunking up cream cheese.  Cook on low for 4-6 hrs.

Serves 6

I forgot to take an after picture because I was about to gnaw my arm off a little hungry.  Ooops!     

I liked this recipe, however I would substitute the ground beef for ground Italian sausage or something with a little more spice...like the recipe calls for.  Hey, I was trying to clean out the freezer and be thrifty!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment