Monday, March 18, 2013

{Birthday Weekend Recap}

What a weekend!!

I started my day at this tranquil little spa...
It was AMAZING!

My post massage snack...
I am not sure where they find these huge strawberries, but they are DEVINE!

Matt informed me Thursday night he would like to go to dinner Friday at a restaurant in Charlotte, Rock Bottom.  I agreed because it has been so long since we last ate there.  To my surprise when we walked through the door, we did not stop at the hostess stand to give them our name.  We breezed right on by, past the bar, to a large crowd of people.  As we got closer, I realized I knew this large group of people. There stood 25 of my closest friends and family waiting for us to arrive to surprise me.  I was shocked!!  I cried.  I'm such a baby so emotional.
Not the best picture.
Matt is sooooo not a planner.  He is a 'fly by the seat of your pants wherever I land I'll stay' kind of person.  I was amazed he put this together, kept it a secret, and pulled it off.  It was wonderful!  He has some help from this beautiful lady...
Heather & Me
I had the BEST birthday I can remember thanks to my love and my friends & family.

A few memories from my awesome night...

My super awesome yummy cake


My Daddy & Me

My Momma & Me
My Momma, Kayleigh, and my niece Ava
Princess, Casey & Me
My Love!

Showing our true colors =)
All in all, turning 30 wasn't really that bad.  AND....I had a NSV yesterday...I wore a pair of jeans I haven't been able to fit in in quite some time.  **Happy Dance**

How was your weekend???

post signature

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a great birthday! :) Friday's festivities looked awesome! :)

    Sorry I couldn't make it -- Matt may have mentioned that I had previous plans. :/

    Happy 30th Birthday Love! :) Welcome to the 3-0 Club. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were the first person I asked about. Hope to see your sometime soon. I am in need of a DOMC night :)

      Delete